Saturday, August 09, 2008

Apparently, we are open!

As seems par for the course the last couple of years, I have been out of town the weeks preceding our anticipated opening. Not on purpose, of course, but not very helpful either. To make matters more complicated, my travels have taken me to locales not conducive to communication with the mother farm: no phone and unreliable satellite internet. Before you start accusing me of sneaking off to an exotic fishing place, let me state that although exotic (beringglacier.org), fishing is not part of the trip activities.

Anyways, I am in route home, at an airport, and called to learn that the wife and daughter are womanning the farm and there were already 40 cars of pickers as of 10 am on Saturday, August 9th. The crop is not fully ripe, but in far more abundance than the past two years. I can't wait to get home and see for myself.

Remember, you can pick any time, it is all self serve. Call (906/523-6112) or check the blog first, just in case we have to close due to a lack of ripe berries. We look forward to seeing you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home